Monday, January 13, 2020

Happy Birthday, Dad

Well, today's Kitchen Sink Stamps sponsored design is another birthday card for my dad who is turning 91 this week. Although I created this card for him last week, I think 91 certainly deserves more than one card and one celebration so we will be celebrating all week!! How blessed I am to still have both my parents.

Ran into a small challenge with Dad this week. Turns out that a new law requires you present a birth certificate to renew your driver's licence in Texas. Dad says, "I don't have one."  I said, "Are you sure? Let's go look."

He looked at his home in all the places he keeps important papers and says, "There is not one here."

I say, "Let's go to the bank and check your safety deposit box. That's were I would keep it." So we head to the bank and sure enough, there is one. Turns out his mother tracked one down for him in 1945 when he turned 16 so he could get a Social Security number and go to work. So glad we dodged that bullet.

Then it was back to the DPS where he passed his vision test and got a renewed license. He is still very active in the community and drives himself and my mother to the places where they need to be. 



Kitchen Sink Stamps used to create this design include:



I am entering this card in the following challenges this week:

Splitcoaststampers MISTI Monday January 2020 Challenge

Inkspirational Challenge - Challenge 204- Word Prompt - Fauna

Crafty Catz Challenge #488- Anything Goes with Optional Twist - Animals

Seize the Birthday #180 - Layer It

Fab'n'Funky Challenges - Challenge #463 - No Designer Paper

The Male Room - Challenge #127 - Anything Masculine Goes 


For additional designs featuring Kitchen Sink Stamps, please visit the blogs and YouTube videos of the members of the Kitchen Crew linked below:


Nancy Stamps by Nancy McCabe


For those wishing to purchase Kitchen Sink Stamps, click SHOP HEREIt will take you directly to the store as well as let Maria know that you are a fan of my work! Thanks so much!!

11 comments:

  1. First of all a big happy birthday to your dad who's 91! Wow! Also, this card is brilliantly done! Love the bird flying in the fore front with the ones in the background to help make this scene! Brilliantly done Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn, that is absolutely fantastic about your dad! So glad you found the birth certificate too. How wonderful to have both of your parents. A huge happy birthday to him - and I know he's going to love the card you made for him too. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card Lynn, I love the scene you create and that moon is gorgeous!! Your dad is going to love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH Lynn, I love this! Happy 91 years young to your dad! This card is so bright and beautifully designed - and I'm happy to hear the young man was able to pass the test and keep toolin' around town!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card . Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky challenge.Neva

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynn, this is a great card for Dad's birthday! I love the way the mallard is flying in front of the moon. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card for your Dad's birthday. Love the images and the colors. I agree that 91 is a special birthday that should be celebrated all week long. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH WOW!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your dad, Lynn! My husband reminded me of the new laws in California..... somewhat similar. There you have to prove your citizenship, & then if you're of a certain party, they take you off the party list, & register you as an Independent & you can't go in & cast your ballot, but can only do a write in/mail in ballot. They don't even tell you! Just a heads up, in case something else might creep up on you!

    I think your dad will LOVE his cards!!! It IS WORTH CELEBRATING BIG!!! BIG INKY HUGS for coming over to comment! I have another week of class to go! It is SO WELL WORTH TAKING! HUGS! ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to your dad! Wow! He's amazing ;). Your card is perfect for our Fauna challenge; thank you for sharing us with INkspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Age is just a number, that saying sounds true when it comes to your father:) what a beautiful card design this is, lots of stamps and colors turned into a wonderful scene. Thanks for joining our challenge at Inkspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful scenery, love the bird and the moon. Thank you so much for joining the Male Room -challenge, I hope to see you joining our new "It's snowing" -challenge also.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today and leaving a comment on my work! I sincerely appreciate it!!