Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Simon Says Stamp Presents KSS at STAMPtember


Such excitement in the Kitchen today with the collaborative release by Simon Says Stamp of the newest Kitchen Sink Stamps set - Autumn Pumpkin. This set is being sold exclusively by Simon Says Stamp as a limited edition. Once the set is gone, it is gone for good. So if you see something you like, head over to Simon Says Stamp and make your purchase.



I have two projects to share with you today using the wonderful images and sentiments from this set. The first is a simple treat box for handing out your Halloween treats or for sharing tasty Thanksgiving goodies.



I used the KSS SVG cut files for the pumpkin, leaves, and happy.

Color Recipe for the pumpkin using Stampin' Up inks

Layer 1 Apricot Appeal
Layer 2 Marigold Morning
Layer 3 Mango Melody
Layer 4 Only Orange
Layer 5 Calypso Coral

Color Recipe for the vines using Stampin' Up inks

Layer 1 Gumball Green
Layer 2 Mossy Meadow
Layer 3 Forest Foliage

The cat was stamped with Versafine Onyx Black.




Color recipe for the autumn leaves using Stampin' Up Inks

Layer 1 Crumb Cake
Layer 2 Pumpkin Pie
Layer 3 Only Orange

The pumpkin and the pumpkin vines use the same recipe as on the Halloween Treat Box.

The sentiment was stamped with Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip.



To construct this treat box, I used a 4.75 inch x 3 inch stitched tag die from Gina Marie Designs. Any tag you have of similar size will work just fine. I cut two of the tags and 2 pieces of 2 x 2 side panels.

I scored one of the tags at one half inch and 1 and one half inch from the bottom. I scored the 2 x 2 inch side panels at one half inch and 1 and one half inch as well.



After setting the score lines with my bone folder, I stamped the autumn leaves on the tags and then attached the pumpkin and leaves which were cut with KSS SVG files before stamping. I then attached the two tags together by placing glue on the one half inch scored at the bottom of the one tag creating the bottom of the box. I then added glue to the half inch scored sections of each of the side panels to completed the box.




My final project I have to share with you today is a fun autumn pin to wear on a sweater or a jacket lapel. The completed pin measures 2.25 inches by 3.25 inches.


To make this pin, I cut 5 pumpkins, 5 cats, and 15 vines using the KSS SVG cut files. I am having such fun with my Cricut these days! I then stamped only one pumpkin, one cat, and three vines. After gluing the pumpkins one on top of the other ending with the stamped pumpkin, I used my reinkers to paint the sides of the pumpkin to cover any visible white card stock. This same procedure was followed with the cat and the vines. I them embossed each of the 5 pieces (pumpkin, cat, and three vines) with 6 layers of clear embossing powder. The pin was completed when I glued the pieces together and attached a pin clasp to the back so it was ready to wear.

I have had a lot of fun showing you ways in which you can use this fabulous set!
Maria and Nancy have some wonderful ideas as well!! Be sure to check them out and then head over to Simon Says Stamp to get your Autumn Pumpkin set before they are gone.

For additional designs featuring Autumn Pumpkin, please visit the blogs and YouTube videos of the members of the Kitchen Crew linked below:


Nancy Stamps by Nancy McCabe


5 comments:

  1. Lynn, I love the Stamptember stamp set and how you showcased it. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Lynn, these projects are amazing!! Gorgeous stamps and I love how you created a treat box out of a tag, adorable pin too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your projects are fabulous, Lynn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness your little treat containters look amazing! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an awesome treat box. Thank you for the tutorial it was very easy to follow and understand.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today and leaving a comment on my work! I sincerely appreciate it!!