Wednesday, September 8, 2021

CCEE2136 - Idea Swap

September 10 is Swap Ideas Day. For today’s challenge, CCEE September hostess, Lois Bak has asked the CCEE Stampers to find a card we have seen using a new technique to us, or a new color combination, or anything we’ve never done before and make a card. She asked that we make sure to credit the person whose idea we have used. 

My technique is not new to most people, but it is something that I have always wanted to try, but never have. Below is my watercolored card!

This card was inspired by Fran with Stampendous. I used the same Stampendous stamp set that she used which I snapped up in my recent trip through the markdowns at Hobby Lobby. Here is Fran's tutorial I watched and tried to duplicate. As you can see, I have a long way to go with my watercoloring, but it was sure fun!



Here are links to the new things the rest of the CCEE Team tried:

9 comments:

  1. This is one scene I'd love outside my house, rocking chair and wrap around porch! You did beautifully! First tine you'd say? I'd never know! Hopefully not your last, my friend :) Woohoo on the markdowns - it was a fun score! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn, you've created such a peaceful scene! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As water coloring is definitely NOT my forte, I admire anyone who gives it a try. You've created a delightful, peaceful scene on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The watercolor is so soft and pretty Lynn!! You've done a wonderful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Lynn, love the gorgeous watercolor scene you created!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful peaceful scene- I would love to take a hike here and watch birds : ) Your did a fab job on your watercoloring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job with this watercolored scene. It's something that I have not tried yet...Yours is so lovely. Maybe I should give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful scene, I need to keep practicing my water coloring too but yours is really coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today and leaving a comment on my work! I sincerely appreciate it!!