Monday, August 30, 2021

Perfection - Best Day Ever! - Kitchen Sink Stamps

What could be better than a day on a Hawaiian beach? I wasn't sure that Hawaii had lighthouses, but I checked it out, and sure enough, they do! So I created this Kitchen Sink Stamps sponsored card featuring all the elements that would make up my Best Day Ever!

My intention was to create the spray of plumeria across the top of the card by masking and stamping it directly on the card front. I got all the way to the last plumeria at the bottom when I made a horrible misstep and ruined the whole thing. But, guess what!! SVG cut file to the rescue! I restamped the lower plumeria more to my liking on the SVG cut out and glued it over the boo boo! Card saved!!

The images used to create this card come from the following KSS sets:

Plumeria

Lighthouse

Cabin by the Lake

Summer Splashes

Beachcomber's Bounty

Sea Shells

Hawaiian Greetings


Color Recipe for the Plumeria Using Altenew Inks

Layer 1 Blush
Layer 2 Pink Pearl
Layer 3 Rouge
Layer 4 Coral Bliss
Layer 5 Vintage Berry
Layer 6 Mocha

Color Recipe for the Leaves Using Altenew Inks

Layer 1 Parrot
Layer 2 Just Grass
Layer 3 Shadow Creek


Color Recipe for the Lighthouse Using Stampin' Up

Layer 1 Creamy Caramel
Layer 2 Close to Cocoa
Layer 3 Baked Brown Sugar
Layer 4 Chocolate Chip


Color Recipe for the Flip Flops Using Altenew Inks

Layer 1 Blush
Layer 2 Pink Pearl
Layer 3 Rouge
Layer 4 Coral Bliss

The hibiscus from Hawaiian Greeting was then stamped on the SVG cut flip flops using Deep Iris. I then glued on jeweled flower stickers by the Paper Studio as additional decoration for the flip flops.


I have entered this card in the following challenges:







For additional designs featuring Kitchen Sink Stamps, please visit the blogs and YouTube videos of the members of the Kitchen Crew linked below:





For those wishing to purchase Kitchen Sink Stamps, click SHOP HEREIt will take you directly to the store as well as let Maria know that you are a fan of my work! Thanks so much!!


9 comments:

  1. Lynn, this is absolutely gorgeous! Love the beach scene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lynn!! This card is gorgeous! I didn't know they had lighthouses either! How cool is that! Really beautiful slimline card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW this is stunning Lynn!! I love the beautiful beach scene you created and the flip flops with the flowers are so CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just watercolored the sandy beach with watered down ink, Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card! Thank you for playing at Dragonfly Dreams Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! I've never been to Hawaii but I bet it is perfection. (Had the chance because of a family member...but my employer wouldn't give me the time off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful! A really stunning scene and I love the flip-flops!
    Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Gem of a Challenge! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin. Pat K xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember seeing this card at SCS- LOVE this scene- love the flowers hanging down from the top. Fabulous scene!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today and leaving a comment on my work! I sincerely appreciate it!!