Friday, September 9, 2022

2022 STAMPtember - Simon Says Stamp and Kitchen Sink Stamps




What an exciting day it is today in the Kitchen. Today is Kitchen Sink Stamps Day at STAMPtember over at Simon Says Stamp

This year's set is entitled Butterfly Kisses and comes with three butterflies and a grand variety of wonderful sentiments to create cards for many different occasions. 




You can purchase the set with or without matching dies, but remember that there is only a limited supply of both. Once they sell out, they will not be sold again by Simon Says Stamp or Kitchen Sink Stamps. Should you prefer SVG cut files instead of/or in addition to the dies, you can purchase them at Kitchen Sink Stamps for 99¢.


The first sample I am sharing today is a 5 x 7 inch scenic design which mixes images from Butterfly Kisses with another Kitchen Sink Set called Birch Trees. I have used the KSS SVG cut files for both the birch trees and the butterflies. I created the background clouds by dabbing on white acrylic paint with my fingertip.

Color Recipe for the Butterflies
Using Altenew Inks

Layer 1 Dew Drops
Layer 2 Volcano Lake
Layer 3 Starlight

Color Recipe for the Birch Trees
Using Altenew Inks

Layer 1 Mocha
Layer 2 Espresso




For my second sample, I have created a slimline card with a Distress Oxide Ink blended background. On this card I combined images from Butterfly Kisses with a KSS set called Hydrangea. Again, I used the KSS SVG cut files for these images.

Color Recipe for Butterflies
Using Altenew Inks

Layer 1 Lavender Fields
Layer 2 Lavender Fields
Layer 3 Midnight Violet

Color Recipe for Hydrangeas
Using Altenew Inks

Layer 1 Pink Diamond
Layer 2 Cotton Candy
Layer 3 Puffy Heart
Layer 4 Rubellite

Color Recipe for Hydrangea Leaves
Using Stampin' Up Inks

Layer 1 Certainly Celery
Layer 2 Lucky Limeade
Layer 3 Always Artichoke

The blended background was created using Distress Oxide Inks by Ranger in the following colors:  Shabby Shutters, Old Paper, Twisted Citron, and Mowed Lawn. The background was this sprinkled with water and ironed dry. I then splattered the surface with gold metallic acrylic paint.

I thought I would also share a photo of how I keep my SVG cut files in alphabetical order in mini folders in magnetic closure boxes. I have three boxes of these!  I love cutting these shapes with my Cricut Joy and stockpiling them in folders stamped and ready for piecing together in any way I choose.




Thank you so much for checking out our collaboration with Simon Says Stamp for their STAMPtember celebration this year!! I hope you love Butterfly Kisses and grab it up before it sells out!

For additional designs featuring Butterfly Kisses, please visit the blogs and YouTube videos of the members of the Kitchen Crew linked below:


 Kitchensinkstamps' Weblog by Maria Colosimo,







For those wishing to purchase Kitchen Sink Stamps, click SHOP HEREIt will take you directly to the store as well as let Maria know that you are a fan of my work! Thanks so much!!

4 comments:

  1. Lynn, both of your KS Stamptember cards are fabulous! I especially like the first one with the butterflies in the birch trees. Gorgeous! And look at you - all organized and ready for more cardmaking. I am impressed with your storage system!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards and I love that great stamp set! So very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the butterflies are just gorgeous Lynn! Love your colors with them and I missed out on this one as it sold out quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning cards, your butterflies are amazing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today and leaving a comment on my work! I sincerely appreciate it!!