Monday, June 1, 2020

Gratitude and Grief - KSS

This past week has been one of gratitude and grief for me. I have been so blessed by the love and generosity of friends during this time of isolation. A thank you at the front door when they drop off a bowl of homemade ice cream or on the phone when they connect me with the perfect person to clean my gutters before the rain is just not enough. So the first of today's Kitchen Sink Stamps sponsored designs is one of the thank you cards going out to these lovely people.

It was created using the newly released set Old World Door Multi Step Clear Stamps with a little help from Potted Topiaries Multi Step Clear Stamps (pot) and Coffee Mate Greetings Clear Stamps (thanks). I turned the door into a window by cutting out sections of the door and adding a bit of brick below the windowsill. An inside peek shows some of the climbing roses in a pot on the kitchen table.



Color Recipe for the Brick and Window
Layer 5 PTI Dark Chocolate
Layer 4 SU Soft Suede
Layer 3 SU Baked Brown Sugar
Layer 2 SU Creamy Caramel
Layer 1 Memento Desert Sand

Color Recipe for the Pot
Layer 1 SU Creamy Caramel
Layer 2 Memento Potter's Clay
Layer 3 Memento Potter's Clay
Layer 4 SU Soft Suede

Color Recipe for the Leaves and Vines
Layer 1 SU Sage Shadow
Layer 2 PTI Ocean Tides

Color Recipe for the Roses 
Layer 1 Memento Lady Bug
Layer 2 Memento Love Letter
Layer 3 SU Merry Merlot

I am entering this card in the following challenges:



The second KSS sponsored card is a sympathy card for a dear friend who lost her husband unexpectedly on Wednesday. She and I both live on the Texas Gulf Coast so I have created this masculine design using Lighthouse Multi Step Clear Stamps, Seaside Seagull Multi Step Clear Stamps, Shoreline Rocks Multi Step Clear Stamps, and Isle of Big Bay Lake Multi Step Clear Stamps.



Color Recipe for the Lighthouse
Layer 4 SU Early Espresso
Layer 3 PTI Dark Chocolate
Layer 2 SU Baked Brown Sugar
Layer 1 Memento Desert Sand

Recipe for the Pier
Layer 4 SU Soft Suede
Layer 3 SU Baked Brown Sugar
Layer 2 SU Creamy Caramel
Layer 1 Memento Desert Sand

Recipe for the Seagull
Layer 4 Memento Tuxedo Black
Layer 3 SU Gray Granite
Layer 2 PTI Soft Stone
Layer 1 (head and body masked) beak and legs PTI Soft Stone

I leave the masks on the birds to sponge on the sea and the sky, leaving their bodies white.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:




For additional designs featuring Kitchen Sink Stamps, please visit the blogs and YouTube videos of the members of the Kitchen Crew linked below:


Nancy Stamps by Nancy McCabe


For those wishing to purchase Kitchen Sink Stamps, click SHOP HEREIt will take you directly to the store as well as let Maria know that you are a fan of my work! Thanks so much!!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn!!!
    It IS NICE to have friends! You are SO BLESSED to have them! ;) AND I think they are going to LOVE your BEAUTIFUL CARDS!!!! LOVE that stone window & flowers! VERY OLD WORLD! AND you KNOW I LOVE your Masculine card too--as commented on SCS! IT IS BEAUTIFUL & soothing for someone who has lost someone. SO SORRY to hear of her lose. You've done a WONDERFUL JOB in creating this scene!!! ANNND, BIG INKY HUGS DEAR FRIEND for your SWEET VISIT!!! STAY SAFE!!! HUGS!!! ;)<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW stunning cards Lynn!! I love how you've created the window on your first card and your sympathy card is absolutely beautiful, gorgeous multi step stamping and what a peaceful scene! This will brighten your friends day for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are so pretty. Love the scene through and around the window - and of course the beach scene that makes me long to head to the coast. Love your cards - and sending hugs.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very nice thank you for all your wonderful friends....I'm sure they will be very happy to receive it! And a beautiful and thoughtful sympathy card for your friend. Sending her thoughts and prayers for strength in the coming weeks and months. The lighthouse scene is so peaceful, I'm sure she will be comforted by it. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful card with us at PIP Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beautiful cards! I have to have that frame stamp- should I wait for a sale....lol I also love the flowers you have added and the lower part to the doorway making it a window. Your second card is a lovely Sympathy card- so sad for your friend, and hope this card hug will put a smile on her face. A gorgeous scene as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowee Lynn! Both of these cards are absolutely stunning! I think I have to say that the window card is my fave, but then again, I love the lighthouse as it reminds me of future trips to be taken with hubby! Sorry about the loss of your friend's husband...which is why I mentioned that. Time is precious. Thanks for sharing your wonderful makes my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two gorgeous cards,

    Thanks for playing along at Aud Sentiments,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Beautiful cards love the images and soft colours, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can always turn those KSS into masterpieces, Lynn. Both of these cards are gorgeous. Loving those new stamps and I will always love those nautical ones.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today and leaving a comment on my work! I sincerely appreciate it!!