Monday, December 23, 2019

KSS - Celebrate the Season

Well, two more days and Christmas will be here! The hustle and bustle of preparations will be behind us, and the time to celebrate being with those we love will have arrived.

My family and I will be together to celebrate the love and forgiveness that came to us from God on that first Christmas so many years ago in the form of his beloved son, and the love we have for each other. We are blessed beyond measure.

Today's Kitchen Sink Stamps sponsored card features the following sets:





To create this design, I stamped two sprigs of mistletoe directly on the woodgrain designer paper I chose.

Color Recipe for the Mistletoe
Layer1 Memento Pistachio
Layer 2 Memento Olive Grove
Layer 3 Stampin' Up Mossy Meadow

The berries on the mistletoe were dotted on using a stylus and white acrylic paint. I then set that aside to dry while I stamped the skates on a separate white panel.


Color Recipe for the Skates
Layer1 Versafine Onyx Black
Layer 2 Memento London Fog
Layer 3 Stampin' Up Going Gray
Layer 4 PTI Soft Stone stamped 3 times
Layer 5 PTI Soft Stone on the blades only

After fussy cutting out the skates, I glued them over the sprigs of mistletoe and then stamped the sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black. I matted the panel with black and attached it to the white 5.5 x 5.5 cardfront.

Wishing you a blessed Christmas filled with love and peace!!

I have entered this card in the following challenges:

The Library Challenge - Challenge #49 - Anthology (pick a precious book). I was inspired by the cover of Little Women which shows the girls ice skating.






For additional designs featuring Kitchen Sink Stamps, please visit the blogs and YouTube videos of the members of the Kitchen Crew linked below:


Nancy Stamps by Nancy McCabe


For those wishing to purchase Kitchen Sink Stamps, click SHOP HEREIt will take you directly to the store as well as let Maria know that you are a fan of my work! Thanks so much!!



7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card - those layering stamps look so realistic. Thanks for joining The Library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is absolutely stunning Lynn! Really love the gorgeous ice skates image and the woodgrain background goes perfectly with it! Wishing you and your family a very blessed Christmas my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card, Lynn! and cannot WAIT to see the newest edition of Little Women at the theater this weekend!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! I thought you had stamped your skates right on your printed paper! AMAZING WORK, Lynn!!! This is BEAUTIFUL!!! INKY HUGS for your SWEET VISIT!!! ;)<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Lynn, this is stunning!! Your stamped skates look amazing, such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Lynn, You've done an awesome job fussy cutting those skates... WOW !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today and leaving a comment on my work! I sincerely appreciate it!!