Monday, December 16, 2019

Austin Original Christmas Tree Farm - KSS

Today's Kitchen Sink Stamps sponsored card was stamped in honor of my parents, Jud and Bette Austin, who truly are the ones who have led the way in card-making in our family They have been creating and mailing Christmas cards to their family and friends for one year short of 70 years. For the past 40 years or so they have stamped "An Austin Original" on the back of each card so I named my Christmas Tree Farm - Austin Original. At 90 years old now, they continue with this time-honored tradition needing fewer cards as cherished loved ones and friends pass away and working a little slower, but never considering sending a card that wasn't crafted by their own hands.



Kitchen Sink Stamps used to create this scene:


with brief appearances by



This card has been entered in the following challenges:

Merry Christmas Crafting Happiness - Challenge #27 - Christmas

Use Your Stuff Challenge Blog - Challenge #388 - It's Christmas Time!

Crafty Cardmakers - Challenge #247 - Christmas

Make My Monday - Challenge #111 - Anything Christmas

Dare 2B Artzy - December Challenge - Holiday Fun

For additional designs featuring Kitchen Sink Stamps, please visit the blogs and YouTube videos of the members of the Kitchen Crew linked below:


Nancy Stamps by Nancy McCabe


For those wishing to purchase Kitchen Sink Stamps, click SHOP HEREIt will take you directly to the store as well as let Maria know that you are a fan of my work! Thanks so much!!

11 comments:

  1. Oh Lynn, your card just brought little tears to my eyes reading your loving words for the Austins - how blessed you are! 90 years young and still in your life to share so many wonderful things. Your card is GORGEOUS - has that old town homespun feel to it but the colors just POP! There is nothing but LOVE for this card!! Awesome awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn, your card is sensational! What makes it even more special is a way on honoring your parents too. They really do sound like special people.
    Fabulous!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card love the scene you created with your stamps thank you for joining in at MMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been such a blessing growing up in this family of talented parents and one heck of an amazingly talented sister. I am so glad you brought me into the love of rubber stamps so many years ago to make my cardmaking a little easier. My most fun times are getting to create with you on those wonderful times when we get to do that and I am so indebted to you for all the times your talents have come to my rescue. This card is amazing and brought tears of joy to my eyes too. I am the lucky one who gets to call you sister!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a Christmassy scene and your stamping is lovely. Thanks for joining us at UYS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynn, I loved reading about your parents' Christmas cardmaking. WOW! What a heritage! And your card... you've certainly created a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynn, that is very heart touching and I think that is absolutely amazing that your parents have kept up with the snail mail Christmas card art form for all of these years! So happy you're passing that tradition along with your wonderful talent too! I love that red truck image and love your scenes so much! Thanks for sharing and passing along the tradition my friend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Lynn, what a great way to honor your parents, because this card is stunning!! I love all of the stamps you used to create this beauty!!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, wow, WOW! What a beautiful scene you have created. Just gorgeous! And kudos to your parents. What an inspiration! Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - Gail Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH WOW, Lynn!!! So, you have been in the card making business, LONG before everyone else! THAT IS AMAZING about your parents! I'm SURE they are HONORED by your gesture! Your card came out WONDERFULLY! I LOVE your scene! HOPE you had a WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS & have a HAPPY NEW YEAR! WITH LOTS OF STAMPING & CREATING!!! INKY HUGS for your SWEET VISIT!!! ;)<3

    ReplyDelete
  11. It all makes perfectly good sense now... The whole family is talented and creative. How blessed to have so many years of inspiration from your parents and your sister of course. Loved reading your story this morning and inspiration behind the card today. Love the personal touch and the old fashioned feel of the card. Hugs to everyone

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today and leaving a comment on my work! I sincerely appreciate it!!