Monday, May 2, 2022

Tiger Lilies and Ribbons - Kitchen Sink Stamps

Along with a new month come fresh new stamps for the Kitchen! Kitchen Sink Stamps is releasing two new sets today: Tiger Lily and Ribbon of Support. I have created two samples with each of these great sets to share with you today as my Kitchen Sink Stamps sponsored designs.

As I have two friends celebrating birthdays this week, I used the Tiger Lily for the cards for these spring birthday girls.

This first one, I stamped the lily as a Stargazer Lily by using my Cricut Joy to cut the lilies from white card stock using the free SVG file available at the time you purchase the set. Don’t forget to add it to your cart. I then omitted stamping layer one to leave the first layer a crisp white.


Color Recipe Using Altenew Inks

For the Star-Gazer Lily

 

Layer 1 – omit

Layer 2 – Rose Quartz

Layer 3 – Pink Diamons

Layer 4 – Cotton Candy

Layer 5 Rubellite

 

Color Recipe Using Altenew Inks

For Lily Leaves

 

Layer 1 – Grass Field

Layer 2 – Mountain Pine

Layer 3 – Evergreen

 

The designer paper is Pink Stripes by Penny Lane for My Mind’s Eye.

The sentiment (with the exception of Birthday) came from Ever After Greetings. These words were stamped twice with Altenew Rubellite.

 

For the second card I used the traditional colors of the Tiger Lily. Before I could get this card made, my Cricut Joy gave up the ghost (I will be purchasing a new one as soon as I can get to the store), and I had to rely on my old masking skills, stamping these lilies directly on the card front. I stamped the lilies first and then masked them so I could add the stems and leaves. Next I stenciled in the lattice using the SVG cut stencil which is also from Kitchen Sink Stamps using Dried Marigold Distress Oxide by Ranger. The words (again with the exception of birthday) came from Bold Holiday Greetings. Birthday in this font is found in a couple of KSS sets – Lighthouse and the retired Simple Sentiments. Last of all I added the ladybugs to one stem and one leaf.

 

Color Recipe for Tiger Lilies

 

Layer 1 – Orange Cream by Altenew

Layer 2 – Pumpkin Pie by Stampin’ Up

Layer 3 – Only Orange by Stampin’ Up

Layer 4 – Mocha by Altenew

Layer 5 – Espresso by Altenew

 

Color Recipe for the Leaves with Altenew Inks

 

Layer 1 - Grass Field

Layer 2 – Mountain Pine

Layer 3 – Evergreen



 I am entering this card in the following challenges:

The Four Seasons Challenge - May SPRING

International Art & Soul - Challenge #132 - Things with Wings


My two samples using Ribbon of Support were created for a male friend battling melanoma and a female friend finishing up treatment for breast cancer.

The masculine card was stamped in blacks and grays as a black ribbon is the symbol for melanoma. I added a strip of designer paper from the Paper Studio down the side and Melanoma Awareness punched from black cardstock using my We R Memory Keeper’s Word Punch.



 

Color Recipe for Ribbon and Sentiment

Using Altenew Inks

 

Layer 3 – Jet Black

Layer 2 – Pure Graphite

Layer 1 – Industrial Diamond

 

Lighter sentiment – Industrial Diamond

Courage/Hope – Jet Black

 

This card is being entered in Inspire. Create. Challenge #115 = Colour Challenge


For the breast cancer card, I created a background panel by blending the following three pink Distress Oxide Inks by Ranger:  Tattered Rose, Kitsch Flamingo, and Worn Lipstick. I then sprinkled water across the entire panel. While that was drying, I stamped the ribbon using Altenew inks.



 

 

Color Recipe for Ribbon and Sentiment

Using Altenew Inks

 

Layer 3 – Rubellite

Layer 2 – Cotton Candy

Layer 3 – Pink Diamond

 

Sentiment – Rubellite stamped twice


For additional designs featuring these new sets from Kitchen Sink Stamps, please visit the blogs and YouTube videos of the members of the Kitchen Crew linked below:







For those wishing to purchase Kitchen Sink Stamps, click SHOP HEREIt will take you directly to the store as well as let Maria know that you are a fan of my work! Thanks so much!!

6 comments:

  1. Lynn, each of your cards are so pretty! Love them! Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALL are fabulous cards, sorry about your Cricut Joy! Thank you for joining our challenge at Four Seasons!
    Diane FS DT {Nellies Nest}
    {Four Seasons}
    Don't forget we have a year round Halloween challenge at Two Old Bats Halloween, giving you a chance to make Halloween cards year round, and with 50 or more players we have a prize to give away!
    {Two Old Bats}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your cards! Thanks for joining us at The Four Seasons Challenge!

    Glenda
    Four Seasons DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lynn ... both lily cards are just GORGEOUS! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

    Darlene
    FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    P.S. If I hadn’t already mentioned it, just wanted to let you know that we have another new challenge blog. This time it’s all about using your EMBOSSING FOLDERS. I hope you’ll come check us out and play along at CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards and I really love those sweet ladybirds you have added. Thanks for joining us at INTAAS this time. Christine DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty birthday cards and wonderful support cards. Happy Mother's Day Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today and leaving a comment on my work! I sincerely appreciate it!!