Monday, April 5, 2021

Spring Birthday

Today's Kitchen Sink Stamps sponsored design features images from two of the new sets which were released last week: Water Lilies and Bold Holiday Greetings (happy), For the water, I pulled out the lake from Cabin by the Lake. The sky was created using the Cloudy Skies SVG cut stencil while Birthday came for Whole Family.

If you are used to visiting my blog on Mondays to see my Kitchen Sink Stamps creations, you may have missed seeing these two I shared this weekend.


To create this card, in addition to the stamps, I used the SVG cut file for the frog, lily pad, and water lily which come free with your purchase of Water Lilies if you add it to your cart at the time of purchase. You can also purchase it later for 99¢.

If you haven't gotten into the electric cutting machine craze, I must tell you it is so awesome. No more fussy cutting. I purchased my Cricut Joy (their smallest machine because I only make cards) almost a year ago, and it has changed the way I stamp. You know how I love to create scenes! Well, with the ability to cut out my shapes to stamp on, it takes so much less time to build a scene when I don't have to do all that masking.

I thought I would show you today how I organize my cut pieces so that card-making is fast and fun! I currently have 4 photo albums which I use: Animals, Plants, Objects, and Words. I then place my cut and/or pre-stamped pieces in alphabetical order in the albums so they are ready to grab and go when I decide to make a card.

Here is a peek at my KSS Object album:



See what I mean about "ready to go!" What fun! With the use of my MISTI stamping platform, I can have a dozen of whatever ready to go in minutes! I keep a black jig cut from heavy weight card stock in the back cover of the DVD case of each stamp set so I am "good to go" each time I want to stamps images.




I hope you have found some inspiration either in stamping or organizing and will return to visit again! I am always thrilled by your visit!

I am entering this card in the following challenges this week:

Splitcoaststampers Clean and Simple Challenge 632 - Flower Power






For additional designs featuring Kitchen Sink Stamps, please visit the blogs and YouTube videos of the members of the Kitchen Crew linked below:


Nancy Stamps by Nancy McCabe


For those wishing to purchase Kitchen Sink Stamps, click SHOP HEREIt will take you directly to the store as well as let Maria know that you are a fan of my work! Thanks so much!!

9 comments:

  1. A really lovely creation, great background and super images. Thank you for joining our 'Spring Time' challenge at We Love Chocolate Baroque.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, colorful card Lynn, that frog looks so real!! Love how you organize, great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very pretty bright and happy creation, many thanks for joining in with our 'Springtime' theme at We Love Chocolate Baroque April challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely colourful card Lynn and always nice to see some white space, many thanks for joining us at We Love Chocolate Baroque Challenge xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beautiful, Lynn... and I loved seeing your storage system!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a beautiful card design Lynn.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your frog card....it's so lifelike. Really well done. Thanks for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams and hope to see you again soon.
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice card - like the frog. Thanks for joining us at SFC.
    Hugs
    Andrea-Emmi41

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a lovely frog. I can imagine him jumping off the page. Thank you for sharing it with us at Dragonfly Dreams.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today and leaving a comment on my work! I sincerely appreciate it!!