Monday, March 22, 2021

Let There Be Spring - KSS

I took my parents out for a Sunday drive yesterday afternoon to see if we could spot any Texas bluebonnets or Indian paintbrushes growing along the highway. We weren't too sure what our recent week of hard freeze would do to this year's crop of wildflowers. Along the highway, we found a tiny bunch of about 6 Indian paintbrushes and not a single bluebonnet. Then we turned off the main highway onto our favorite country road, and we were rewarded with acres and acres of bluebonnets! What a delight! I am sure we will visit them again in another week or two when they are in full bloom! 

Those beautiful blossoms inspired today's Kitchen Sink Stamps sponsored designI call this card "Songs of Spring." Those gorgeous blue flowers certainly made my heart sing!



Kitchen Sink Stamps used to create this card are:


Bluebonnets

Guitar

Grazing Horse

Bold 4 Seasons Greetings


I am entering this card is the following challenges:

Dragonfly Dreams - March Challenge - Include a Flower

Allsorts Challenge - Week 616 - Spring Flowers

Daring Cardmakers - Spring Things

Creative Friday - Early Bloomer

Cute Card Thursday - Challenge 678 - Spring Fever



For additional designs featuring Kitchen Sink Stamps, please visit the blogs and YouTube videos of the members of the Kitchen Crew linked below:


Nancy Stamps by Nancy McCabe


For those wishing to purchase Kitchen Sink Stamps, click SHOP HEREIt will take you directly to the store as well as let Maria know that you are a fan of my work! Thanks so much!!

8 comments:

  1. I do not get blue bonnets here but I do have bluebells and they are just popping out in the woods right now. Love when they are in bloom. My Indian paint brushes are up around the cabin but bloom much later. Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember you writing about Bluebonnets last Spring Lynn, they always look and sound beautiful.

    You have made a pretty Spring card and as a horsey girl love the inclusion of that element, thanks so much for joining in with my 'Spring Flowers' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautifully done with this great sketch and pretty images!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at Allsorts challenge!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynn, your card is so pretty! And what fun that you and your parents went on a bluebonnet-searching drive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty images...made a lovely card. I am so ready for spring! So tired of being stuck in the house... with all the snow we had this past year, and because of the pandemic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card and design Lynn, I love all of the beautiful stamps you used!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card- love the bluebonnets, the guitar and the horse. What a cool card! The story about taking your parents for a drive to see bluebonnets is so sweet and special!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was just talking with Darrell yesterday about the bluebonnets in TX and the cards you have made with them. Darrell had taken me for a drive to show me a large area of just daffodils in a field and they reminded me of you and your bluebonnets. I'm sure it was a beautiful drive. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today and leaving a comment on my work! I sincerely appreciate it!!