Monday, April 6, 2020

KSS - Easter Blessings 2020

Today's Kitchen Sink Stamps sponsored design is an Easter card that is going in the mail to my pastor and his wife today. This year will be the first year in my life that I will not be worshiping in my church with my church family on Easter Sunday. Another of many life changes brought about by the spread of Covid-19 across my city, state, nation, and world.

Instead, I will be worshiping with my church family through the blessings of technology on Facebook. It will be a beautiful service celebrating the resurrection of our savior, Jesus Christ and offering Him praise and honor knowing that nothing can separate us for His love and saving grace. Thanks be to God!

My prayer is that we all come out of this pandemic more caring, more kind, more loving, and more Christlike. Stay in and help keep yourself and others safe from this dreaded disease.

To start this card, I attached a cross cut from computer paper to the center of my card front with repositionable tape. I then stamped the daisies and carnations over the cross mask and sponged around the edges of the cross.




I then removed the cross and stamped the Easter Blessings sentiment.




Kitchen Sink Stamps sets used to complete this card include:

Honey Bunny Multi Step Clear Stamps


Color Recipe for the Daisies

Layer 1 SU Barely Banana
Layer 2 Memento Dandelion
Layer 3 SU Crushed Curry
Layer 4 Memento Peanut Brittle
Layer 5 SU More Mustard

Color Recipe for the Carnations

Layer 1 SU Grapefruit Grove
Layer 2 SU Marigold Morning
Layer 3 SU Peekaboo Peach
Layer 4 SU Mango Melody

Greens used include SU Certainly Celery, Mellow Moss, Lucky Limeade and Mossy Meadow.


I am entering my Easter design in the following challenges:

Crafting Happiness- Challenge #43 - Anything Goes - Easter - one of their top picks for the week! Thank you, Crafting Happiness!!

Are You a Top Pick? Grab Your Button!







For additional designs featuring Kitchen Sink Stamps, please visit the blogs and YouTube videos of the members of the Kitchen Crew linked below:


Nancy Stamps by Nancy McCabe


For those wishing to purchase Kitchen Sink Stamps, click SHOP HEREIt will take you directly to the store as well as let Maria know that you are a fan of my work! Thanks so much!!



12 comments:

  1. Fabulous Easter design Lynn.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful and creative idea and a lovely card. So very pretty!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Lynn, what a beautiful Easter card! Gorgeous design with the masking of the cross, love this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is BEAUTIFULLY DONE, Lynn!!! THANK YOU for showing how you did this! I think your Pastor & his wife will LOVE THIS! LOVE those flowers peeking out from behind the cross & the blending you did around the cross to make it POP!!! ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!! Yes, I do know what you mean about HOPING & PRAYING this thing makes us a better people. I PRAY it will make us a more caring people for the hurting & the isolated. It BEGINS WITH the church. BIG INKY HUGS for your SWEET VISIT, DEAR FRIEND!!! ;)<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing card. Thank you for sharing the wonderful details. Your pastor and his wife will love this. It really conveys the message of Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow. I love how the cross is highlighted. That's a very cool technique. Thanks for showing the photo of the stamping process. Thank you so much for playing along in our Crafting Happiness Challenge this week. Hope you’ll link up again!
    Hugs! Janis
    Crafting Happiness Challenges, Challenge Blog Owner
    Pause Dream Enjoy, Personal Craft Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW - I just love the masking the cross idea! I do not have a lot of Easter stamp sets but this is a great idea for creating one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful - love the masked effect.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Blessing card. Unique design. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Easter card Lynn, What a great ideal to use the mask.... STUNNING

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today and leaving a comment on my work! I sincerely appreciate it!!