Wednesday, April 22, 2020

CCEE2017 - Interactive Cards

Anyone who knows our April CCEE Stampers hostess, Frances Byrne, knows how much she loves cards that pop, slide, or move in any shape or form. For our challenge this week, Frances has asked the CCEE Stampers to make interactive cards.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I avoid them as much as I possibly can. It seems that no matter how carefully I measure, cut, and fold something is always off just a bit which keeps the card for working properly.

I purchased the Karen Burniston Photo Collage Pop-Up dies over a year ago and have used them only once. And not very successfully, I must say. So today I watched this You Tube video over and over and over until I was able to construct the pop-up structure and get it to work correctly.  Below is the Christmas card I ended up designing.

Front of the Card




Inside of the Card




The designer paper is by the Paper Studio and the dies are from Sizzix. The Oh what fun sentiment is by Stampin' Up.

As luck would have it, I attended a Zoom card making event this afternoon hosted by Stampin' Up demonstrator Andi Fazioli and learned another interactive card. I had a lot of fun with this design as well. I chose papers from my favorite paper maker Graphic 45. The inside images are from By the Tide by Stampin' Up and the sentiment is from Hen & Chicks by Power Poppy. I used various punches and dies to create the frilly embellishment behind the 3¢ stamp.

I am entering this card in: 

The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge #70 - Anything Christmas Goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #486 - Anything Goes Christmas

Front of Card




Inside of Card

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #455 - All Dressed Up - Include a Moving Part

Here are links to the interactive cards created by the CCEE Stampers Design Team:



13 comments:

  1. glad you got to play with your photo collage pop-up die set this week, love both your interactive cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn, simply outstanding! I am loving both of your interactive cards - the second one looks a lot like the popular iris style! Super yummy papers, too! YAY on getting to Zoom with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn, these cards are both so pretty - and then all that fun inside. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun...and then, more fun! Two outstanding beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A double treat today! Congratulations on the Photo Collage -- you did great! (psst -- they are addictive, you know)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two really lovely designs Lynn.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both great cards. I am sad I got my days mixed up yesterday and missed Andi's class. Especially since it was an interactive card. I always need all the help I can get with those.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These cards are FABulous, mf!!!!!!!!!!! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're both fabulous!!! You did a great job. I haven't even been brave enough to try the interactive cards yet. LOVE yours!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. BEAUTIFULLY DONE, Lynn!!!!! I LOVE interactive cards & you're RIGHT, they can be a mechanical night mare! LOL You've done these WONDERFULLY!!!! LOOOVE THEM BOTH!!! (Actually, I've been posting cards I had already done, & have been focusing on Spring Cleaning! The house is SPARKLING!!!! ;) ) HOPE you are doing well, Lynn!!! INKY HUGS FRIEND!! ;)<3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both cards are beautiful Lynn! I love the different folds and that Graphic 45 paper is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely Christmas card, thanks for joining us at THAIC.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow !, you are really rocking the interactive cards style now.... Love all of the pop up pieces for the Christmas one and the striped dp on the inside really adds another layer of FUN... The beachy card is beautiful and I love the vintage collage on the front. Great job

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today and leaving a comment on my work! I sincerely appreciate it!!