Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Tribute To Joanne Grzelak

Today the design teams from the CCEE Stampers and the Crazy 4 Challenges blogs (Joanne was a much loved and valued member of both of these teams) are hosting this blog hop as a tribute to the beautiful soul and talented artist, Joanne Grzelak. 

I personally "met" Joanne back in 2005 when we both became members of Splitcoaststampers and began our chase through the daily challenges posted there. We would stalk the threads together waiting for the challenges to be posted so we could jump right on them. What fun we had back in those early days stamping and chatting and attacking every challenge! It was always on my bucket list to one day met Joanne in person, but we ran out of time before that could happen.

I do know that I learned so much about beauty and art from her wonderful work. Her style was graceful and elegant and her work impeccable.

Besides stamping, Joanne and I also shared a love of the ocean and lighthouses.  The last card that I sent to her during her illness contained both so I felt it only fitting that I make one more ocean and lighthouse design in remembrance of her remarkable life and the place she holds in my heart.

Rest in Peace, my sweet friend. Know that we think of you often and miss you so much!




Head over to the CCEE Stampers Blog to begin the hop.

If you already started there, your next stop is:






The blog hop continues at Crazy 4 Challenges with the work of the 
C4C Design Team.

12 comments:

  1. beautiful card Lynn, this looks like a place Joanne would have loved to visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your ocean scene. The foreground in particular is very detailed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh be still my heart, this is quite possibly the most beautiful lighthouse card I've ever seen, my friend! What a gorgeous use of color and a perfect tribute to Miss Joanne. Just WOW! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Kelly. I know this was created with so much love in your heart for this amazing lady who inspired us all with her talents, her wit, and her zest for life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynn, your card is so peaceful and beautiful and your words are so touching. I'm certain Joanne is missed by many. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful scene......Joanne loved the lighthouses especially in Maine. Lovely and lovingly made card in her memory.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynn, this is such a beautiful ocean scene and a perfect tribute card for Joanne!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card, Lynn! Joanne would have loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that reminds me of some of Joanne's cards and photos of when she went to the beach. Love, love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am just crazy for these cards. Really beautiful and your coloring is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous project!
    💝 from Africa!
    OlgaB

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a BEAUTIFUL TRIBUTE to Joanne, Lynn! ;)<3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today and leaving a comment on my work! I sincerely appreciate it!!