Monday, January 21, 2019

Envelope Art and Non-Traditional Valentine - KSS

Since I spent yesterday watching football instead of card-making (both my teams LOST by the way), I woke up this morning without my Kitchen Sink sponsored design ready for posting. When that happens on occasion, I head over to Splitcoaststampers to see what the challenges might be for the day.

I found one that was just to my liking - Technique Challenge 726 - Envelope Art. I don't usually take the time to create a matching envelope for my cards, but it sure is fun when I do.

For today's design I have crafted a non-traditional Valentine using the following stamp sets from Kitchen Sink Stamps. As you can see, I am keeping my wintery images busy during these cold winter days.




Color Recipe for the Skates

Layer 4 - Memento Gray Flannel
Layer 5 - Memento Tuxedo Black
Layer 3 - Stampin' Up Gray Granite
Layer 2 - Stampin' Up Gray Granite on the blades and Going Gray on the shoe
Layer 1 - Stampin' Up Going Gray on the blade and PTI Soft Stone on the shoe

The sky is Distress Oxide Tumbled Glass.
The trees, sentiment, and skaters are Stampin' Up Soft Suede.
All layers of the icy pond are Stampin' Up Baja Breeze. Each time stamped off once from the pervious layer.

Today's card is entered in the following challenges:








10 comments:

  1. What a lovely sentiment and card design Lynn.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love your matching envelope and the frosty winter scenes you created.
    Thanks for sharing your stamped creations with the Daring Cardmakers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card Lynn! I love the non-traditional winter Valentine design and the scene you created AND WOW your matching envelope is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your scene! I can feel the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love the fabulous scenes on the card and envelope, Lynn! This is a fantastic non-traditional Valentine. Love, love those skates!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you! Envelope art! I love it! It's a perfect pair (haha, pun intended!) to your ice skating card! I love your soft look to your cards and the sweet winter scene - wish I were wearing those skates!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my I love it when the envelope matches! You have done a wonderful job on both! Thanks so much for joining us and good luck with your entry! Please come back and play along again soon.
    Hugs, Joy dt member
    https://pattiescreationschallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my you've done a brilliant job with the envelope art Lynn!! I sure love this wintry scene as you always create fantastic ones! :) Thanks for sharing! (I know what you mean about football...not wanting to watch the Superbowl now, but will anyway! LOL!) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful scene. The envelop is a work of art too. Thanks for joining in at Daring Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card and matching envelope Lynn, lovely sentiment. I really like the non traditional colors here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today and leaving a comment on my work! I sincerely appreciate it!!