Monday, October 14, 2019

I'm Caffeinated - KSS

When I saw this week's Clean and Simple Challenge over at Splitcoaststampers, I knew that I would be reaching for my Keep Calm Coffee Mug to create today's Kitchen Sink Stamps sponsored card. The challenge is called "Drama" and at my house I am always careful to avoid drama by making sure the coffee pot is the first one "awake" and perking at my house!

When I suggested this set to Maria, I knew it would be one of my favorites because: 
1) Coffee is my favorite beverage!
2) Most of my friends love coffee!
3) I could dress the cup up or down depending on the need or season

Thanks, Maria, for creating this fabulous set. I keep an assortment of colored mugs stamped and ready to go at all times, and I reach for them often!!




Here are a couple of tips I want to share about working with the mug. Because of its large size, I need to use full-sized pads to get the ink smooth. I also ink each layer with Versamark before adding the colored ink. Here is the last thing that I have discovered with the mug. Mine have always come out best when I stamp every single layer in the same exact color. I start with layer 4 and work backwards. This mug was stamped with Stampin' Up Creamy Caramel. The sentiment was stamped with Memento Espresso Truffle and the rings and blops of coffee were made with Distress Ink Brushed Corduroy.

For additional designs featuring Kitchen Sink Stamps, please visit the blogs and YouTube videos of the members of the Kitchen Crew linked below:


Nancy Stamps by Nancy McCabe


For those wishing to purchase Kitchen Sink Stamps, click SHOP HEREIt will take you directly to the store as well as let Maria know that you are a fan of my work! Thanks so much!!

8 comments:

  1. It's a perfect set of stamps and especially for someone that enjoys coffee. LOVE this one Lynn. The sentiment is wonderful!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT TIPS for this image, Lynn! Does the Versa Mark help the ink to stick better then? Never thought of this before! I LOVE your sentiment with this! LOL It made me laugh! This sentiment is actually one that our daughter would use/need! Caffeine does WICKED THINGS to her! LOL (Like it would do to me & still does if I used it!) LOVE the splatters & coffee ring with this too! BIG INKY HUGS for coming over to visit, Lynn! ;)<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Love your tip about having the coffee pot at ready! I really LOVE the inspiration you've been sharing with this stamp set!! I love coffee and I think it's a perfect set to have for many people that I know too! :) Love the coffee rings in the background along with that wonderful sentiment!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love that KSS now has a coffee mug- and your card is fabulous! I also love your tip with the versamark!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous coffee themed card Lynn, I love the mug and the awesome sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh you had me a COFFEE! In fact, the tshirt I have on right now says Coffee, because adulting is hard, LOL! This is so pretty pretty! This is just gorgeous in it's simplicity and design. Love love LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now this is my size coffee.... Wish I could go back to full caffeine... oh the good ol' days.... I miss them...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today and leaving a comment on my work! I sincerely appreciate it!!