Monday, September 23, 2019

Flip Flap Interactive Card

I have been busy working on some samples for some new Kitchen Sink Stamps sets coming out in the next few weeks, so I didn't get today's card designed until TODAY! I hate when that happens, but sometimes it does!

And when it does, I usually check in at Splitcoaststampers to see what kind of challenges they have posted for the day. The Clean and Simple Challenge was to create a card with candles. That didn't appeal to me so I moved on to the Try a New Technique Challenge. Sabrina Friel, the hostess for this challenge, asked participants to create a Flip Flap Card. Well, I don't usually go in for fancy folds as they require too much precision and fiddling around to get them to work properly. After reading the SCS tutorial by Beth Rush and watching her YouTube video twice, I decided to give it a go.

So here are two views of today's Kitchen Sink Stamps sponsored card:

Here are the results of my efforts:

Front




Pull the tab and:




Kitchen Sink Stamp Sets Used:


Color Recipe for the Hat
Layer 4 - PTI Dark Chocolate
Layer 3 - SU Baked Brown Sugar
Layer 2 - SU Creamy Caramel
Layer 1 - PTI Desert Sand
Layer 5 - Memento Pistachio

Color Recipe for the Creel
Layer 4 - PTI Dark Chocolate
Layer 3 - Memento Potter's Clay
Layer 2 - PTI Fine Linen
Layer 1 - Memento Desert Sand

Recipe for the Bass
Layer 4 - Versafine Onyx Black
Layer 3 - SU Old Olive
Layer 2 - SU Sage Shadow
Layer 1 - SU Barely Banana

 This card was entered in the following challenge:





Stinkin' Inkers Challenge Blog - Fancy Folds

For additional designs featuring Kitchen Sink Stamps, please visit the blogs and YouTube videos of the members of the Kitchen Crew linked below:


Nancy Stamps by Nancy McCabe


For those wishing to purchase Kitchen Sink Stamps, click SHOP HEREIt will take you directly to the store as well as let Maria know that you are a fan of my work! Thanks so much!!

12 comments:

  1. love the fold and the images you used definitely a great guy card thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GREAT, Lynn! I've been eye-balling this challenge! LOL I LOVE interactive cards! You've made a WONDERFUL MASCULINE CARD with this fun fold! A SUPER JOB!!! INKY HUGS DEAR FRIEND, for your visit!!! ;)<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn, this is WOW!!!! Love, love, love your card. I'll have to check out that technique now.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW Lynn, this is awesome!! I love that fun fold and the gorgeous stamps you used, stunning interactive card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh this is really cool Lynn!! Love your interactive design and how it flips when you pull on it! The fishing theme with your details looks amazing too!! You rocked it lady!! TFS!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card for your favorite guy! Love the fun fold you used here. Thank you for playing in my masculine challenge and hope you can join the Alphabet Challenge again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Lynn, this is so awesome! I love the softness and the guy card look - these are so hard for me to make and yours is spectacular! I was so excited to see KSS was a stamptember host this year! I can't wait to see what the set is and what your sample will look like! WOOT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great masculine card. Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start this month.
    Scarlett xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your choice of stamps and then the inside catch... Perfect ! Love this Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cool cool card- perfect for an angler and a great masculine card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a fun card! Nice composition and a great theme. Thanks so much for sharing with us at a Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner/Designer
    A Place to Start Challenge
    613 Avenue Create Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today and leaving a comment on my work! I sincerely appreciate it!!