Wednesday, May 29, 2019

CCEE1922 - What's Cookin'?

Before we get to our CCEE challenge for this week, we have something very sad to let you know. Our dear team member, Joanne Grzelak, passed away unexpectedly on Saturday morning. Joanne had been on a leave of absence for a number of months due to health issues, but had intended to come back and play with us, shortly. Joanne was always so very supportive and was much loved in the stamping community. We will miss her so much. Farewell, dear friend. Your beautiful work delighted and inspired us week after week.

May is apparently Barbecue Month and the 28th of May is Hamburger Day so our hostess, Frances Bryne, has asked the CCEE Stampers to think BBQ's and/or Hamburgers when creating our cards this week … 

I went ahead and included both with this adorable set from Newton's Nook Designs called Winston's BBQ which was a gift to me from CCEE DT member, Kelly McKown-Santi. Thank you, Kelly!





14 comments:

  1. Squeeee! Lynn, this is delightful! I love your card design and that you have so many elements that make for a FUN bbq! Your coloring is amazing - now this is a bbq I'd like to attend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute, cute! I see you have the Heinz Ketchup on the table...a Pennsylvania classic! What a fun Card for any man! Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card, love the stamps you used

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, this fella has all the right stuff to get that Barbque going. Too bad Vicky's guy drank up all the beer!!!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynn, my condolences to the team on the loss of Joanne. How sad.

    Your card is way too fun with its block design and adorable images!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your little montage dedicated to the great American hamburger! Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a CUTE SET, Lynn! You've used it WONDERFULLY to show it off too! LOVE the cheery colors & the cute images! I'm SO SORRY to hear about Joanne. I'm SURE you will ALL miss her.
    MANY HUGS & LOVE as you deal with your loss.
    INKY HUGS TOO for coming over to visit! I'm SO GLAD I was able to make you SMILE! ;)<3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the bear and the food. Isn't grilling time the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just the perfect masculine card design Lynn.

    Sorry to hear about Joanne passing.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very sorry about your friend and fellow crafter passing. I know you'll have so many wonderful memories of her though.

    Love the grilling card Lynn. So much fun!!!
    lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lynn, I'm so sorry to hear about Joanne! She will be missed for sure!
    I absolutely LOVE your fabulous BBQ design!! The card is so cute and I'm thrilled with the inspiration you've given me today as I have this set and I usually get it out once a year for a masculine card! :) TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lynn, so sorry to hear about your friend, I'm sure she will be missed.
    Your card is so cute, I love the layout and fabulous paper, the little bear is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This image ad set are so fun! And, perfect for the Dad's in my life too- grillmasters for sure!!! I have to admit, I like most anything that goes with Ketchup!!!
    So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had read about Joanne last month. So sad that another SCS friend has passed. She is one of the few ladies I have gotten to meet IRL. It was surely a pleasure. The first thing that caught my eye was the bold sketch and red matting. It really makes it pop. Winston is one of my favorite bears as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today and leaving a comment on my work! I sincerely appreciate it!!