Sunday, March 31, 2019

KSS - In the Garden

My Kitchen Sink Stamps sponsored design today features beautiful spring daffodils. I have never been one to have a green thumb, but this year I am thinking about planting a few flowers.

Although the weather continues to be more chilly that usual here in Texas, I did spend time cleaning out a flower bed for a redesign!! I had let it go for so long that there was nothing left in it but weeds and dead bushes. Now I am scouting around the local garden centers to see what I might like to plant. Unfortunately, I am also fight off the poison ivy rash I picked up in the clean-up process. As they say, "No good deed goes unpunished!!"

This birthday card is going to a friend who belongs to the local Master Gardeners. She knows that the only gorgeous flowers I am able to produce are paper and ink!



Kitchen Sink Stamp Sets used in this card include:



Color Recipe for Daffodils

Layer 1 Memento Cantaloupe
Layer 2  Memento Dandelion stamped 3 times
Layer 3 Stampin' Up Crushed Curry stamped 2 times
Layer 4 Memento Peanut Brittle

Color Recipe for the Stems and Leaves

Layer 1 Memento Pear Tart
Layer 2 Stampin' Up Granny Apple Green
Layer 3 Memento Olive Grove

Color Recipe for the Frog

Layer 1 Memento Pear Tart
Layer 2 Memento Olive Grove
Layer 3 Versafine Onyx Black

Color Recipe for the Dragonfly

Layer 1 Stampin' Up Going Gray
Layer 2 Memento London Fog

Brushed grass - Distress Peeled Paint
Brushed Sky - Distress Mermaid Lagoon
Sentiment - Distress Oxide Gathered Twigs


This card is entered in the following challenges:

Addicted to Stamps #172 - Spring

Allsorts Challenge Blog - #513 - Use Yellow

Kitty Bee Designs - Challenge #139 - In the Garden





12 comments:

  1. So beautiful and I adore daffs, thanks for joining us at Allsorts. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely zesty creation with those Daffodils for our 'Use Yellow' theme at Allsorts challenge, thanks so much for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn, this is a very pretty birthday card - the Springtime Daffodils look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty card. Thanks for joining in with my use yellow challenge at Allsorts.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous birthday card Lynn, I love the daffodils and that cute little frog, beautiful spring card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful Spring time design Lynn, hope your poison ivy rash goes away soon.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder if my first comment went through, Lynn! If you get duplicate, don't bother with one or the other! ;) I LOVE your card!!! I am with you though, where gardening is concerned. I went out to do a flower bed & caught Poison Oak. The ground was so hard, I couldn't do a thing with it! It was amazing that I even went out there to start, with all the snakes & bugs! I ONLY do paper & silk flowers! ;) I even like the little frog on your card, only paper ones though! LOL INKY HUGS for coming over to visit friend! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lynn, this is so sweet! I love the "Texas yellow" of your card and the beautiful daffodils - my March birth flower! That little froggie - so cute! Perfect Spring card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this so much Lynn!! Your daffodils are gorgeous!! The whole scene with the fence and the frog has me wanting to go out and take a peek to see if anything has bloomed yet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love this bright and cheerful card! The daffodils are beautiful and I love that you added a frog and a fence to your scene! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. When the daffodils appear I know spring isn't far behind. Starting small may be nice and very rewarding. I do feel creating spring on a card is far easier though yet still very rewarding. :) Pretty card Lynn. Good luck and enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card! Thank you for sharing color recipe and joining Addicted to Stamps challenge.
    Sai

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today and leaving a comment on my work! I sincerely appreciate it!!