Wednesday, October 24, 2018

True One Layer Card - CCEE 1843

Many of the CCEE Stampers do fabulously wonderful fancy fold cards. Our October hostess,  says this is not her thing. Today Joanne Grzelak is challenging  the CCEE Stampers to make a true one layered card....no paper layers, no popups, no embellishments. All the work must be done directly on the base layer. Embossing is fine, of course.

So I started with the squirrel and then masked it before adding the faux layers by masking as well. I then covered those with a mask and sponged distress ink through a stencil. I finished the card with stamped leaves at the corners and a birthday sentiment. This is my type of card, too, Joanne! Just paper and ink!



See what the rest of the team was able to create with just one layer.


Joanne Grzelak

8 comments:

  1. Such a cute and clever card, Lynn! The little squirrel looks quite content with his find! I love the embossed background - and in the autumnal colors that convince me God waves his paintbrush every fall! I love everything about your card ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Masking is your friend, Lynn... because you masked and masked again... creating a gorgeous card in the process!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!!! A SUPER JOB on a one layer card! It DEFINITELY doesn't look like it is one layer! So much color & pattern! It's GORGEOUS!!!! A SUPER JOB, Lynn!!! AND INKY (((HUGS))) for your visits!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzer! You've done such an incredible job with the one layer design here Lynn! I'm amazed with your frame around the image as it looks like popped up layers!! Beautiful images and colors on this! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning fall card Lynn, I love the gorgeous colors and stenciled background, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Lynn, you did a fabulous job on this beautiful fall card, and it's a one layer card! I love your stenciling and the framing of the cute squirrel. The leaves added are gorgeous! Love the card, Lynn! One layer cards are difficult for me! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did not realize this was a one layer card... WOW ! You did an amazing job Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today and leaving a comment on my work! I sincerely appreciate it!!