Monday, November 3, 2008

My First Kitchen Sink Monday


How exciting for me that on my first Kitchen Sink Monday I get to share a card I created with a brand new Christmas set being released by Maria tomorrow. This card was created using Poinsettia Multi Step Clear Stamps.

When I saw it, I knew that I would make a card which reflects the holidays at our house. For almost 20 years I have been collecting copper ornaments and decorations for my Christmas tree and home decor for the holidays. After piling these on my tree and over the windows and doors, I love to accent the copper with pots of peachy, pink poinsettias.

To create this card I used the following:

Papers - Groovy Guava, Blush Blossom and US White by Stampin' Up

Inks for the flower petals - Cameo Coral stamped off once, followed by Cameo Coral, Regal Rose, Cranberry Crisp stamped off once, and Cranberry Crisp by Stampin' Up

Inks for the leaves - Certainly Celery, Wild Wasabi stamped off once, Wild Wasabi, and Always Artichoke by Stampin Up.

The embossed panel beneath the flowers was embossed with the Cuttlebug Textile Texture folder and sponged with Cameo Coral ink all over and Cranberry Crisp ink on the edges.

The sentiment was stamped with Versamark and embossed with copper embossing powder.

Embellishments - textured copper ribbon and microbeads.

In addition to this awesome set, Maria is also releasing 3 Step Bells tomorrow. Be sure to visit the blogs of my fellow designers to see the remarkable creations they have made with these new stamps which will be available for purchase tomorrow.

Maria Colosimo (owner)
Nicole Cooke
Tammy Hershberger
Angela Knopf
Dee Jackson
Julie Masse
Lori Tecler


Remember, too, that we each will be posting new designs with our Kitchen Sink Stamps every Monday! Next Monday will be the first Kitchen Sink Challenge. Please come and play with us!!

7 comments:

  1. Lynn these are beautiful!! Those flowers looks so really!! LOVE your copper accents and the microbeads in the center! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors Lynn!! Your poinsettias are just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn, what a beautiful card! Your poinsettias turned out gorgeous, and your description of your home decor sounds lovely, too! Welcome to the Crew! I'm so excited to have you join us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it looks like you went out and plucked some poinsettias to place upon this card. They are so realistic. This definitely looks like a set I will have to have!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card Lynn. I love the copper accents and the pink poinsettias. We're on our way!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These colors are gorgeous, Lynn! Beautiful design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW - this is gorgeous. My favorite color of poinsettias.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today and leaving a comment on my work! I sincerely appreciate it!!