Monday, May 1, 2023

God and Country - Kitchen Sink Stamps

I have been sharpening my skills with the American flag from Stars and Stripes American Flag this week so I have used it to created today's Kitchen Sink Stamps sponsored design. I have mixed the flag with poppies from Poppy Bouquet and Remembrance Poppy to create a Memorial Day design.

I was having trouble perfecting the stars when I was stamping on a cut SVG file. I therefore decided to go old school and stamp the flag on paper and then fussy cut it out. Below is the order I stamped the layers, and I had fabulous success with the help of my MISTI.

I started with the star field and stamped layer 3 first, then layer 2, and finally layer 1. This made it much easier to get the stars perfect so that the five points on the stars are clearly visible

Next I stamped the red stripes in this order: layer 1, layer 2, layer 3.

Last I did the white stripes in this order: layer 1, layer 2, layer 3.

Then I fussy cut the flag and was ready to go.

The flag pole is a two part SVG from Kitchen Sink Stamps. The poppies are also stamped on cut SVG files available for these sets as well.

I stamped the sentiment on dies from Sizzix's Elegant Labels #2.



I have entered this card in the following challenges this week:


For additional designs featuring Kitchen Sink Stamps, please visit the blogs and YouTube videos of the members of the Kitchen Crew linked below:


 Kitchensinkstamps' Weblog by Maria Colosimo,





For those wishing to purchase Kitchen Sink Stamps, click SHOP HEREIt will take you directly to the store as well as let Maria know that you are a fan of my work! Thanks so much!!


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Your fussy cutting looks wonderful. Lovely card!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done Lynn, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn, this is so pretty... so patriotic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautifully designed card, thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful patriotic design. Thanks so much for joining in at Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That flag is amazing!!! What a unique card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful creation. Thanks for joining in at the Daring Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card my dear, gorgeous poppies

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today and leaving a comment on my work! I sincerely appreciate it!!