Friday, May 14, 2010

Hotwheels - Queen for the Day #9

I had such a blast sitting on the Queen for the Day throne at Splitcoaststampers last week. A huge thank you to all who took the time to visit my gallery and case a card in my honor!! You can view their awesome creations here: Queen for the Day #8 Gallery.

But all good things must come to an end, and today the crown and scepter are being passed on to Her Royal Highness Linda, aka hotwheels. No one loves creating pretty cards and sharing they with others to lift their spirits more than our sweet, sweet Linda. As you look through Linda's SCS gallery, you won't have any trouble picking out the card I selected to case!! Here are the cards which have been created in Linda's honor for her reign at Queen for the Day #9.!

The cardinal was stamped first and then masked. The pines were then added.

Stamps: Multi Step Winter Cardinals and 3 Step Bells (sentiment) by Kitchen Sink Stamps
Papers: Whisper White and Real Red by Stampin' Up, eskimo kisses by BasicGrey
Inks: Cardinal - Layer 1 Memento Lady Bug with Tangelo on beak and feet, Layer 2 Stampin' Up Real Red with Memento Tangelo on beak, Layer 3 Memento Rhubarb Stalk with Tangelo on the beak and Stampin' Up Really Rust on the feet, Layer 4 Memento Tuxedo Black; Pines - Layer 4 Memento Cottage Ivy with Potter's Clay on the cones, Layer 2, Memento Bamboo Leaves with Potter's Clay on the cones, Layer 1 Memento Pear Tart, Layer 3 Dark Cocoa stamped off once on the cones
Tools: Nestabilities Labels 4
Embellishment: Ribbon

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Lynn. Love that DP too. Just great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME card Lynn I LOVE this beautiful bird!!!! Perfect color combo sweetie!! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations for last week! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, as always! I love this cardinal image. I think it's one of the most impressive ones out there! Beautiful holiday card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty card--queen lynn...i like the sound of that:) belated congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, QueenieLynn.....an honor well deserved.....

    and that cardinal always catches my attention

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to you! Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. See..I knew I needed this cardinal!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today and leaving a comment on my work! I sincerely appreciate it!!