Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Couple of SCS Challenges

I created this card today for Julia's Ways to Use It Challenge Just Pleat It! I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to pull out my all-time favorite Stampin' Up set Sketches!! I let this set get by me the summer of 2003 when it was in the summer mini! I had to bide my time searching the BST forums to finally track one down in the summer of 2006!

Stamps: Sketches by Stampin' Up, Multi Step Berries (sentiment) by Kitchen Sink Stamps

Papers: Groovy Guava, Glossy White, Cool Caribbean, Kraft, US Vanilla, and Chocolate Chip by Stampin' Up, Porcelain by BasicGrey

Inks: Apricot Appeal, Regal Rose, Mambo Melon, Cool Caribbean, Chocolate Chip, and Whisper White by Stampin' Up

Embellishments: wooden kabob stick, twine, dimensionals

Tools: Distresser, Prismacolor Pencils, Odorless Mineral Spirits, Punches, Sponge




This card was created for Roxie's Sketch Challenge 240. I picked up this vintage golfer in the clearance bin at Hobby Lobby last week and was thrilled to get the chance to try it out!

The golfer was stamped with Versafine Vintage Sepia on Whisper White. The grass was created with images from Honey Bunny by Kitchen Sink Stamps. The golf ball was cut with my circle Nestabilities and dimpled with my Bubbles Cuttlebug embossing folder. The sentiment was also stamped in Vintage Sepia is from Out on a Limb Sentiments by PaperTrey Ink.

Stamps: Vintage Golfer by Stampabilities, Honey Bunny by Kitchen Sink Stamps, Sentiment by PaperTrey Ink

Papers: Whisper White, Kraft, and Chocolate Chip by Stampin' Up

Inks: Kiwi Kiss, Wild Wasabi, Handsome Hunter, and Creamy Caramel by Stampin' Up, Versafine Vintage Sepia

Tools: Nestabilities, Bubbles Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Sponge

10 comments:

  1. Both cards are fabulous, Lynn!!
    Very creative and wonderful way to use the all stamps!! TFS~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both lovely - but I adore the first one. Love the pleated umbrella - I am going to try that for sure this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn these are both fantastic! Awesome pleating for the umbrella, I would have never thought of that. The colors you used for your long desired Sketches set is just perfect and so relaxing. Congrats on finding it in the bst by the way!
    Your golfer is such a great masculine card. I love the added golf ball as an accent, and the greenery is perfect for this image. Wonderful job! I am so happy I found my way over here from SCS' blog comment thread!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just loved both of these cards!! The images are wonderful, your coloring superb!!! I love that umbrella, and the colors for the sunset, and the masculine colors in the golf card are excellent!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love that pleated umbrella! I am going to have to try that on a card now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cards are amazing. Your beach scene made with the sketches stamp is spectacular! Love the vintage golfer and your wonderful take on this week's sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynn, I love your first card! It is just perfect. :) I have always loved that stamp set but never thought it was a "me" kind of stamp....I am thinking differently now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both so wonderful, Lynn!! I just LOVE that umbrella! Very clever!! Love the vintage feel of the second too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful cards! The top one is gorgeous, I wish I were her!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness Lynn.... these are both fabulous!!! I love that first set! I'll have to scour for it too... I especially love what you did with it! That umbrella is sheer genious! Your golf themed card couldn't be better for the sketch! So glad I found your blog! Visit me for a chance at some blog candy!

    http://th-ink-ingofyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today and leaving a comment on my work! I sincerely appreciate it!!