Tuesday, July 30, 2013

What's on Your Workdesk? Wednesday 217

I had such fun last week traveling the globe and peeking into the work space of many talents crafters. Julia Dunnit hosts What's on Your Workdesk? Wednesday over on her blog Stamping Ground. This week is WOYWW 217. Check it out and join in the fun!

Here is what my desk looks like this week.


This week I have been taking part in the Dare to Get Dirty Challenges over at Splitcoaststampers. It is an annual event hosted for members of the Fan Club. In a seven day period there will be 42 challenges. Yikes! I have managed to keep up with 23 projects completed so far.

As I look at my desk, I am seeing four of the projects: 3 finished and one in progress. The penguin is a treat box and just to his left is a gift tag. In front of his feet is a card which used the chalkboard technique. I like that card so much that I am going to make a dozen of them to give to a friend who is having surgery this week to use as thank you notes.

The unfinished project is the card using Art Impressions' At the Movies. I have recently started collecting their girlfriend series and am having so much fun with them. Below you will find the finished card.

You can see this week that to the left of my desk is an old card catalog. Kids today don't even know what it is! At my house it has been repurposed to hold tons of crafting supplies. Those I need most are stored closest to my desk within arm's reach. The two open drawers hold dimensionals and Scor-Tape. Taped to the side of the card catalog are cards I have received from stampers around the world. Some of you may see your work there!

Here are the projects seen on my desk:



Stamps: At the Movies by Art Impressions


Stamps: Kind Hearts by Our Daily Bread Designs


Stamps: Afterthoughts by Stampin' Up



Stamps: Heart & Roses, Big & Bold Swatches, Letters from the Past 
by Kitchen Sink Stamps

22 comments:

  1. Holy Smoke 42 challenges I wow that's alot your creations are all wonderful from the sweet sentiment to the cheeky penguin too cute !! hugs Nikki I'm posted Here

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are you and Nikki putting your links in your posts...I can't seem to find how to get that to work without it putting the whole long addy...I want to put the word HERE and it links. I too love that girlfriend series and have ordered some on line. I also love the chalk board look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for trying, I just worked it out by looking at the behind the scenes stuff and did another comment on Julia's blog. I have now posted it as a post and it is doing the same to me...wanting to make it into a link! How funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had to make it a jpg so that it would not link in my post on how to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - so many challenges in such a short amount of time! The first thing that caught my eye on your desk was that cute little penguin.....just adorable!!! I love the way you organize your scraps too....I wish I had the extra room to do that....might have to give that some thought.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such fun seeing what your working on! Each creation is absolutely terrific! I love the blackboard technique card, just gorgeous, but the girlfriends take the cake, such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't recall seeing your card catalog before! I am drooling to put it mildly! Gosh, I miss them! I used the library pockets and cards for my place cards at my wedding a few years back as I did a book theme as my hubby and I adore them! Your projects are great,and so different. That penguin is darling! I have to check out that line with the "chicks" as I am not familiar with it (how is that possible?). Enjoy the day! Winnie#65

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done on getting 23 done so far - that is a mammoth task !!! :-)
    I love the card with the flowers and adore the quirky penguin :-D

    Thank you for letting me visit you today :-)

    Happy WOYWW

    IKE in Greece #58

    ReplyDelete
  9. All are fabulous!!! Love the AI card and love all their Girlfriend images too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful Workspace, especially love the cabinet in the Background:) And your Flick Chicks Card is great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really impressed by your challenge projects! Can't believe you have made so many! Love Mr Penguin & the girls at the pictures in their 3d glasses are a scream! Ali#101

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lynn, you are busy with all those challenge projects. Love your cabinet in the back filled with papers. Your projects are lovely and the penguin is just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog earlier. I would have got back to you earlier but I had to pick my daughter up from the airport and it took ages! I love your penguin and your work space is great. Julie Ann x #12

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lynn what a fabulous view of your desk I so love all those crafting bins at the back with your cardstock and papers within easy reach and I have to say it looks like one very organised space. That is a huge number of challenges to do in such a short time but I know you are capable of doing this and your examples in today's post are all beautiful. I love the cute penguin but the standout for me today is your Kind Hearts one. So pleased you are enjoying your WOYWW Journey! Have a great week! Danie xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I am sooooo loving your card catalog! I have wanted one of those for forever! How blessed! This looks like you have a fun workspace - what wonderful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your projects Lynn, very busy lady... great storage bins too

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable penguin :)
    Laura
    53
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lynn, all of your projects are fantastic! I especially love the penguin treat box. Is that an template or die cut?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words, Pat! I drew and cut the penguin free hand.

      Delete
  19. Wow so many challenges Lynn and all of them so different. Now my desk if I was working on that many at onece you would not be able to see. Love your paper storage bins!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello. Well Im Roberta aka Bert #122. And Im new and very slow at this. I seem to get lost in all the goodies in every one sites.. just wanted to say thank you for sharing and letting me peak. Have a lovely day. Bert

    ReplyDelete
  21. That penguin is adorable!! What a fun project. Probably keeps you cool in August too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today and leaving a comment on my work! I sincerely appreciate it!!