Thursday, May 2, 2013

Run for the Roses

In honor of the Kentucky Derby coming up this weekend, horses were the required image for this week's Ways to Use It Challenge at Splitcoaststampers. Of course, I reached for this wonderful image from deadbeat DESIGNS, one of the most beloved and prolific creators of Texas images. I masked and stamped it in various colors to create today's masculine birthday card.



Stamps: Wild Horse by deadbeat DESIGNS, Sentiment from Wishing You by Verve
Papers: Crumb Cake and Really Rust by Stampin' Up, Bazzill
Inks: Memento Toffee Crunch, Espresso Truffle, Potter's Clay, and Rich Cocoa
Stampin' Up Crumb Cake and Soft Suede

8 comments:

  1. Lynn, this is awesome!!!!! WOW! Love it!
    Thanks for the link to that site too - they make the best!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card, love the herd of horses! Love the different colors you used for them, and the sprays of dust is really clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the horse card...I have a horse stamp too..always appreciate ideas on how to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this stampede of multi-coloured horses. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card, love the horses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! I love watching the Kentucky Derby!!! (UGH - and my picks didn't win this year! Thank God I'm not someone who bets...LOL!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job masking...and what a neat image!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today and leaving a comment on my work! I sincerely appreciate it!!