Monday, April 26, 2010

Mother's Day = Hydrangea


In our house when I was growing up, my grandmother always brought my mother a beautiful purple or pink hydrangea every Mother's Day . For that reason the two have forever been inseparable in my mind. I therefore have created this card for my mother  for Mother's Day in memory of my beloved grandmother.

Stamps: Hydrangea Multi Step Clear Stamps,
Lilacs Multi Step Clear Stamps (flower stem), Whole Family Clear Stamps (sentiment),
Friends of the Moon Clear Stamps (texture on amethyst cardfront) all by Kitchen Sink Stamps

Papers: Pure Luxury White by Gina K Designs, Almost Amethyst and Elegant Eggplant
by Stampin' Up
Inks: Blossom - Layer 4-Memento Grape Jelly, Layer 3-Memento Lulu Lavender, Layer 2-Memento Sweet Plum stamped off once, Layer 1-SU Almost Amethyst; Leaves and Stem - Layer 1-Memento Bamboo Leaves, Layer 2-Memento Cottage Ivy stamped off once, Layer 3-Memento Cottage Ivy; Sentiment - Memento Grape Jelly on top of Versamark for embossing
Tools: Nestabilities Label 4, Sponge, Bow Easy
Embellishment: Organdy Ribbon, Rhinestones, Clear Embossing Powder

Remember to drop in on the rest of the Kitchen Sink Crew to see what they have created for you on this Kitchen Sink Monday!


17 comments:

  1. WOW WOW WOW Lynn absolutely stunning!!!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's gorgeous...your Mother will love it and it's meaning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Lynn! LOVE the beautiful hydrangea- perfect colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the different shades of purple. A gorgeous card, which I'm sure your Mother will love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How gorgeous, Lynn!! I LOVE the hydrangea colors and beautiful satin bow!
    Your mother will love it :):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning Hydrengea, looks wonderful in teh purples! I'm sure your Mom will just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soo beautiful, Lynn!! I really love the sponged/masked nestie in the background to...it adds just a bit more softness to this card!! A perfect Mother's Day card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is perfect. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lynn this is gorgeous, beautiful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooooh Lynn! I absolutely LOVE the hydrangeas. One of the few sets I don't own....now it's your turn to enable me. *giggle I love your fabulous Mother creation...so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply lovely...I love the color and the embossing gives the card the perfect amount of shine :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous!! Lynn, you are a master at this!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! I also remember my mother buying the hydrangeas every year. Every time I see one I think of her. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful card, and brought a tear to my eye for the sweet memory!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty, love the purple Hydrangea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. such a pretty mother's day card, lynn-love the story that goes along with it-I love memories

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh - Love it! This is the perfect mother's day card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today and leaving a comment on my work! I sincerely appreciate it!!