Monday, September 25, 2017

My Sweet Petunia and Kitchen Sink Stamps




Today is a fun day in the Kitchen for a couple of reasons. For one, we are doing a collaborative blog hop with My Sweet Petunia. I have long been an owner and a fan of their amazing MISTI (Most Incredible Stamp Tool Invented) and have been a devoted user of it from the time it was introduced to the craft market. Layered stamping and the MISTI are truly a match made in heaven! I am the proud owner of three MISTIs: two originals and one mini, and I will never again be without one.

Fourth Monday is always a Let's Make a Scene Day for my Kitchen Sink sponsored design.
For today's scene I have mixed images from Classic Old Truck Multi Step Clear Stamps, Trees Multi Step Clear Stamps, Birch Trees Multi Step Clear Stamps, Pumpkins Multi Step Clear Stamps, Baseball Multi Step Clear Stamps (I made the fence posts from the baseball bat), and Snowy Cabin Multi Step Clear Stamps.




The mini MISTI I use most often when I am working on small individual images like the pumpkins. I love to use it whenever possible due to its small footprint on my work surface. Here is a look at how I got started on this card.



The rest of the card was created in the original MISTI with its larger work surface. This card measures 5.5 by 7.5 inches. As you can see, there is plenty of room to work with. I stamped the truck first and after masking it, I added the road and grass before stamping the background tree.


I finished the scene by adding the cut out fence posts and the pumpkins to the foreground, brushing some color on the sky, and stamping the sentiment.




Please check out the KSS designs created using the MISTI from
The Kitchen Sink Crew and the My Sweet Petunia Design Team.

Participants in the blog hop who comment on each of the linked samples below
with be entered in the prize drawings. One person will win an original or mini MISTI and one person will win a $50 gift certificate to the Kitchen Sink Store.



Lynn McAuley


Winners of these two drawings will be announced on October 3!



Our other reason for excitement is the 10th Anniversary of Kitchen Sink Stamps! And what better way to celebrate than with a huge sale!

35% off all items in stock - Free Shipping at $65 (US Only)
(Sale Excludes Out of Stock and Special Order/Retired Items)

Sept. 25th - 29th (midnight PDT)

Enter Code: KSSDECADE at checkout to receive your 35% discount!

We hope the My Sweet Petunia Team enjoyed creating with
Kitchen Sink Stamps
every bit as much as we love stamping with MISTI!

Thank you all for your visit today.

50 comments:

  1. You know I have always admired your mastery at using those fabulous KSS layers and especially in your gorgeous scenes. This one is especially pretty because I love the look of fall and its wonderful colors, which you have so creatively used in all their glory on your masterpiece here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so awesome I just can't get over the realistic images from these stamps. I need that truck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun fall card! You have a special talent for putting together a complete scene. My list of 'must haves' is expanding - that truck is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely ❤️ the layering stamps! Your scene is breathtaking and I have added all of the sets to my wishlist because I want to create something similar! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card!!! It looks so real!!! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how the Misti can be used to make such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layered card. Great for Thanks Giving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boy they saved the best for last. Your card is amazing. I love every element of it. I sure hope I win, I had never heard of KSS stamps and would love to pick up some of the ones you used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome Fall scene--so realistic looking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy guacamole! That scene is amazing!!! That must have been a labor of love :-) I can't believe your fence posts are really a baseball bat! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your scene building skills blow me away! This is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful design! The scene is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this card.. Love how you used the misti for so many pieces of the design. WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving this card. Thanks for sharing your technique

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the beautiful scene you created.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Combining all those stamps into that card is amazing....just beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW Lynn, this is an amazing scene you created on your card! I cannot believe I have never heard of this company before today. They have such amazing images and I am so thankful I found them today!
    I need a mini MISTI now myself! I love my Original (I call it my baby! LOL) and it is a PERFECT combo with Kitchen Sink Stamps from what I have been seeing. Your card is truly amazing Lynn and I am totally inspired by it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your scene is a work of art! Fall is my favorite time of your. This is framable!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just love this card. Old pickup trucks have always set a spark in me. You did a lovely job creating this card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This fall scene is so realistic - fantastic stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  21. And a KSS blog hop would not be complete without Lynn!! Love all of your work, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love how you combined several different sets to make this beautiful autumn scene. The pumpkins are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow !! This is an amazing card ! The construction is very sophisticated, congratulations !

    ReplyDelete
  24. The scene you've created is amazing! Just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMgoodness this is such a delightful Fall scene. All the steps you've taken to create this piece of art are wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow lov the gorgeous Fall scene your created - the colors of the trees are just so inspirational !

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love to make scenes for my
    greeting cards. Your scene
    is exquisite - really highlights
    the fall season.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh Lynn, I'm overjoyed at your fun in a blog hop with some wonderful products and a gorgeous card result! This is just a burst of fall beauty - wonderfully done! Congratulations on a fall inspired hop! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  29. I don't know how I missed KSS before! The layering stamps are so detailed & the scenes so believable. Your card is awesome! Love the old truck especially!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh my.... This is the best.. Oh... man I just can't get enough of looking at this one. Love the whole scene, but that pickup oh man... Beautiful!!! Perfect for any man on any occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous fall scene! The pumpkins and the truck are absolutely amazing... such awesome detail in everything in this picturesque scene!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Absolutely beautiful card. I adore the truck and all the fall colors. I will be adding the truck and pumpkins to my wishlist. I have the trees already.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Absolutely beautiful card. I adore the truck and all the fall colors. I will be adding the truck and pumpkins to my wishlist. I have the trees already.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow, that scene is amazing and I can't believe all the layering and masking that you did. This is the perfect autumn scene.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh my!!! Amazing colors!!! Love your gorgeous card!!! It's like a beautiful portrait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. How gorgeous and realistic is this scene you've created; one I'd love to step into! The pumpkins...oh my! The Kitchen Sink is a new company to me (I know...what rock have I been hiding under!), but what I've seen is beyond impressive! Off for much closer looks once I'm done hopping! Your showcase is so inspired!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow,,, this card looks so real. I love these stamps. Had never seen them before today. So anxious to shop tyvmfs :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Definitely another WOW card. I could just hear my peeps, while I like a challenge in card making, most of my guests do not, But I LOVE your card, and all the extra work put into it!

    ReplyDelete
  39. love this card and the colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  40. This is one of the best scene cards I've seen. Its gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I just love this fun fall scene- and the fence posts made from the bat- that is so cool! I love seeing how you work too- great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I just love the realistic pumpkins and the tree! It makes me want to go to our local pumpkin patch!

    ReplyDelete
  43. This is just fabulous. I love the "old" feel to it and the way you built such a great scene. Thanks for sharing your art.

    ReplyDelete
  44. We'll take it all ! It brings me back to one of our favorite movies, Funny Farm. It means I love everything... Especially the orange tree right down to the truck... Absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Thanks for explaination of the Misti. I have one but not really sure if I needed one. I think I understand the process better. Thanks Lynn. Great fall card too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today and leaving a comment on my work! I sincerely appreciate it!!