Monday, May 20, 2013

10 Minutes + 10 Minutes More Sunflower

The focus this week falls of the beautiful Kitchen Sink Sunflower. With only 10 minutes to work, I created a single layer design by masking the card front to stamp the plaid background. Once I removed the masks, I stamped the sunflower right over the plaid. The stamped I used on it include Giant Sunflower Multi Step Clear StampsLilac Multi Step Clear Stamps (stem), Plaid Plus! Clear Stamps, and Simple Sentiments Clear Stamps.




With the additional 10 minutes for the second card, I stamped the plaid on a separate panel which I then placed with repositional adhesive to the card front so I could stamp the sunflower. I then removed the panel and added a green layer and a brown layer with a punched edge. With the remaining time, I stamped the ladybug climbing up the stem and a grass border ( from Honey Bunny Multi Step Clear Stamps) along the bottom. Finally I added a little yellow Stickles to some of the sunflower petals for interest.



This is the order in which I stamped the layers on the sunflower and the inks I used:

Layer 3 - Memento Tangelo
Layer 2 - Memento Cantaloupe
Layer 1 - Memento Dandelion
Layer 4 - Memento Rich Cocoa
Layer 5 - Memento Espresso Truffle

Stem, Leaves, and Grass - Memento Bamboo Leaves and Northern Pines stamped off once

Lady Bug
Layer 3 Memento Tuxedo Black
Layer 2 Memento Lady Bug
Layer 1 Memento Lady Bug

Don't miss out on what the Kitchen Crew has created for you today!!

* Connie * Lisa * Julie  Maria


7 comments:

  1. So very pretty!!! Love the masking and that little bug crawling up the stem is adorable!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Lynn whichever design! The sunflower is perfect but I love the little ladybug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful Lynn. I love the one with the lady bug :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that little lady bug! Your flower is so pretty - so bright and perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful! What a gorgeous image and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The extended 10 minute card is such a smart idea!! I love that plaid!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today and leaving a comment on my work! I sincerely appreciate it!!