Monday, May 20, 2013

10 Minutes + 10 Minutes More Sunflower

The focus this week falls of the beautiful Kitchen Sink Sunflower. With only 10 minutes to work, I created a single layer design by masking the card front to stamp the plaid background. Once I removed the masks, I stamped the sunflower right over the plaid. The stamped I used on it include Multi Step Giant Sunflower, Multi Step Lilac (stem), Plaid Plus!, and Simple Sentiments.




With the additional 10 minutes for the second card, I stamped the plaid on a separate panel which I then placed with repositional adhesive to the card front so I could stamp the sunflower. I then removed the panel and added a green layer and a brown layer with a punched edge. With the remaining time, I stamped the ladybug climbing up the stem and a grass border ( from 3 Step Honey Bunny) along the bottom. Finally I added a little yellow Stickles to some of the sunflower petals for interest.



This is the order in which I stamped the layers on the sunflower and the inks I used:

Layer 3 - Memento Tangelo
Layer 2 - Memento Cantaloupe
Layer 1 - Memento Dandelion
Layer 4 - Memento Rich Cocoa
Layer 5 - Memento Espresso Truffle

Stem, Leaves, and Grass - Memento Bamboo Leaves and Northern Pines stamped off once

Lady Bug
Layer 3 Memento Tuxedo Black
Layer 2 Memento Lady Bug
Layer 1 Memento Lady Bug

Don't miss out on what the Kitchen Crew has created for you today!!

* Connie * Lisa * Julie  Maria


7 comments:

  1. So very pretty!!! Love the masking and that little bug crawling up the stem is adorable!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Lynn whichever design! The sunflower is perfect but I love the little ladybug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful Lynn. I love the one with the lady bug :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that little lady bug! Your flower is so pretty - so bright and perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful! What a gorgeous image and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The extended 10 minute card is such a smart idea!! I love that plaid!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today and leaving a comment on my work! I sincerely appreciate it!!