Friday, October 29, 2010

SCS Challenges for the Week

I have been playing the challenges at Splitcoaststampers this week but haven't gotten around to loading them on my blog so today will be catch up day!

Monday - Technique Challenge - Create an Ornament

Created with the rim of a gimme cup and clear plastic packaging (tutorial to follow in a week or two). The steer is from Multi Step Texas Longhorn by Kitchen Sink Stamps. The stars are cut and embossed with my Cuttlebug.


Wednesday - Sketch Challenge

The papers are Snow Storm and Cherry Slush by Mark's Finest Papers, Basic Black by Stampin' Up, and Holly on Black and Musical Holly by the Paper Studio. The images are from A Walk in the Woods and Greetings of the Season by Mark's Finest Papers.

Thursday - Free 4 All - Paper Piecing with Scraps


The pear is from Pears & Hollyhocks by Mark's Finest Papers. The pear was pieced with offbeat by BasicGrey. The blossoms were pieced with Blushing Bride by Stampin' Up and the leaves with Old Olive by Stampin' Up.

Friday - Queen for the Day - Broom


Thanks to Brenda, I am now the proud owner of Coast to Coast by Stampin' Up. This set retired years ago and was in the sets Brenda sold at Anita's recent shoebox swap! I'm beyond thrilled to have it in my collection and really excited to find a lighthouse card in Broom's gallery to case in her honor today!

7 comments:

  1. ALL are just fantastic - however, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, that ornament (could it be because I'm from Texas!). So cute and to be honest-I think the "Horns" need all the help they can get right now!!!!
    I'm going to order those stamps from KSS - just hope I can figure out how to use them. Yours are always beautiful.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lynn!! I've been trying to make one card for the sketch challenge and look at all of these that you've gotten done!! They are all magnificent!! Hard to pick a fav but I think I will go with the Cardinal (St Louis girl here) for the same reason the other Lynn picked the Horns ornament..lol!
    Just beautiful.. all of 'em!
    Hugs~
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these are just fantastic, Lynn. What great accents you added to that lighthouse card. I can completely identify with it being hard to "keep up" this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, have you been busy, your cards are beautiful, but I am partial to the lighthouse, I just love lighthouses and seashore type things. Great job on all, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lynn, they are each so special and terrific. I especially like the pear, just sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work Lynn! I love the pear card! Have a Happy Halloween!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...you have been busy! They are all lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today and leaving a comment on my work! I sincerely appreciate it!!