Monday, April 20, 2009

Kitchen Sink Crew Challenge #12 - Rolodex



When Maria challenged us this week to alter a rolodex or index card, I began thinking of some way to use the rolodex cards for something a little different. Well, I have a friend whose son is getting married this summer and I decided that his bride might find it handy to have at her fingertips the birthdays of all the members of her new extended family.

I have put names and birthdays on the fronts and mailing addresses on the backs of the cards. Maybe by the time the wedding arrives, I will have all the cards made and dividers for the 12 months of the year!!

I think I'm off to a good start!!


Mother's Card

Stamps: Lilies Multi Step Clear Stamps, Whole Family Clear Stamps,
and Mix It Up! Clear Stamps by Kitchen Sink Stamps
Papers: Rolodex Card, Purely Pomegranate by Stampin' Up
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, Pixie Pink, Purely Pomegrnate, Kiwi Kiss, and Old Olive by Stampin' Up

Dad's Card

Stamps: 3 Step Baseball, Whole Family, and Mix It Up! by Kitchen Sink Stamps
Papers: Rolodex Card, Real Red by Stampin' Up
Inks: So Saffron, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Sahara Sand, and Real Red by Stampin' Up




Suzy's Card

Stamps: Heart & Roses Multi Step Clear Stamps, Butterflies Multi Step Clear Stamps,
and Mix It Up! Clear Stamps by Kitchen Sink Stamps
Papers: Rolodex Card, Groovy Guava by Stampin' Up
Inks: Marigold Morning, Pumpkin Pie, Blush Blossom, Cameo Coral, Groovy Guava, Kiwi Kiss, and Old Olive by Stampin' Up, Versafine Onyx Black

Ben's Card

Stamps: Adornments Multi Step Clear Stamps and Mix It Up! Clear Stamps
by Kitchen Sink Stamps
Papers: Rolodex Card, Basic Gray by Stampin' Up
Inks: Sahara Sand, Going Grey, and Basic Gray by Stampin' Up
Embellishments: Rhinestones

Look in on the rest of the crew to see what they have created for the challenge:

Maria*Dee*Nicole*Lori*Tammy*Julie*Angela


Then pull out your Kitchen Sink Stamps and get started on the challenge!! You could be one of the lucky prize winners!!! Read all the contest rules and use Mr. Linky to link you entry to the Kitchen Sink Weblog!

9 comments:

  1. BRILLIANT I say! I love this. What a fabulous idea and incredibly thoughtful gift. You totally rocked this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto on the "brilliant!" This is a spectacular idea, Lynn! That new bride will adore this gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous job, Lynn, they are all beautiful! Way to get organized with your card making / sending! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lucky I am to have such a brilliant sister!! It's wonderful to have someone like you to go get sensational ideas!!! This will be such a unique gift idea and certainly one that will be appreciated for its usefulness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGoodness, Lynn!! This is so amazing...such a fun and clever idea for a gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous gift idea--and one that will really be used and appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My GOODNESS Lynn! I love your take on the challenge. What a wonderful gift this will make:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did an address rolodex before, but I love the idea of a birthday rolodex!!! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today and leaving a comment on my work! I sincerely appreciate it!!