Monday, December 1, 2008

Trim-the-Tree Gift Card or Cash Holder


Well, here it is Kitchen Sink Monday, and I bet I'm not the only one shocked to find that December has arrived so quickly this year. While decorating my tree this weekend, I decided I wanted to find a way to hang my gift card holders on the tree and use them as part of the decoration. With so many tweens and teens in our family, gift cards and cash have found their way to the top of almost everyone's What I Want for Christmas List. When the kids arrive on Christmas morning I'll have my own version of the old German tradition of find the pickle for them to play!!

I crafted this gift card holder by attaching a 1/8 inch thick open-top box to the bottom front of my Nestabilities tag. The gift card drops right in.

Stamps: Playful Christmas 1 Multi Step Clear Stamps by Kitchen Sink Stamps

Paper: Certainly Celery, Riding Hood Red, and Chocolate Chip by Stampin' Up and Figgy Pudding by BasicGrey

Inks: Certainly Celery, Riding Hood Red, Baja Blue, and Chocolate Chip at Stampin' Up

Tools: Rectangular Nestabilities, Round Tab Punch, Crop-a-Dial

Embellishments: Eyelet and Ribbons

Be sure to visit the blogs of all the Kitchen Sink Crew members to see the delightful projects they have posted today!!

5 comments:

  1. Lynn this is such a great design!! Perfect project for those gift cards and it looks so pretty on the tree! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Lynn!! what a great idea to hang them on your tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever! Great project, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH Lynn! This is wonderful!!!! What a great way to give a gift card or cash! I guess you could say money can grow on trees! LOL :D Fabulous!!! I will be making plenty of these this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous idea, Lynn, and great design, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today and leaving a comment on my work! I sincerely appreciate it!!